Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Differences



There will always be differences in the body of Christ! However, it seems in today's culture and climate that differences must be avoided at all costs. If one is even a casual student of Church history they would discover that the great confessions, catechisms, and creeds were all born out of conflict and differences within the Church.

Robert Godfrey writes in Sola Scriptura: The Protestant Position on the Bible, " Differences should humble  us and drive us back to the Scriptures to test all claims of truth. If we don't accept the Scriptures as our standard and judge, there is no hope for unity."

The Bible tells us that God's word gives light that allows us to walk in obedience to Him. Psalm 119: 105 tells us that God's word gives light to our feet and guides our path. The whole of Psalm 119 instructs us to meditate on God's word because it shines so brightly that it will give us light and wisdom to understand what God desires of us.

 The word of God is not ambiguous, but clear and bright. I thank God for the perspicuity of the Bible. There has been so many times in my life that God's word gave me light and instructed me in matters of life's choices, but even more importantly, God's word has instructed me on how I can know God and fellowship with Him.

The B-I-B-L-E,
Yes, that's the book for me,
I stand alone on the Word of God,
The B-I-B-L-E.
The B-I-B-L-E,
Yes, that's the book for me,
I stand alone,
The B-I-B-L-E.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  How can a culture move so far from reality? A fascinating verse in the book of judges is found in chapter 21 verse 25  “ In those days Isr...