Thursday, January 26, 2012

Man and God


Let me share a few Biblical insights on man and God!

God:
In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of his robe filled the temple (Isaiah 6:1).

1. Isaiah's famous vision of God portrays the vivid imagery of God sitting on a THRONE---God throughout the Bible is portrayed as a KING.

2. Isaiah shows that God is HIGH and LIFTED UP---we see the MAJESTY of God.

3. Isaiah describes God's TRAIN FILLING THE TEMPLE---The Orientals regarded such large robes as indicative of GRANDEUR and STATELINESS.

Summary: From Isaiah's description of God we get somewhat of an idea of how we are to view God.  God is to be viewed as the supreme Holy King who rules and reigns over all of life.

Man:
Then I said, "It's all over! I am doomed, for I am a sinful man. I have filthy lips, and I live among a people with filthy lips. Yet I have seen the King, the LORD of Heaven's Armies" (Isaiah 6:5).

1. Isaiah's REACTION to his vision of God---He exclaims that he is doomed, for him it is all over, why? He stands naked before the King of Kings, the creator of the universe.

2. Isaiah confesses that he is SINFUL---We all stand before God as doomed sinners. We have no goodness in ourselves. We have nothing to offer the Holy, High King.

3. Isaiah recognizes that his LIPS ARE DIRTY---Simply put, our whole being is dirty and contaminated, we are in a depraved condition as we stand before the Holy King.

Workable definition:
We (human beings) are in a very bad condition, we have nothing good in ourselves to offer God. God is Holy, High and lifted up as King of Kings; God's Holiness prevents us as sinful creatures from approaching Him without a covering (or protection).


The song "clinging to the cross" gives us the answer to our hopeless condition before a holy and righteous King:

 

My soul is weak
My heart is numb
I cannot see
But still my hope is found in You
I’ll hold on tightly
You will never let me go
For Jesus, You will never fail
Jesus, You will never fail

Simply to the cross i cling

Letting go of all earthly things
Clinging to the cross
Mercy’s found a way for me
Hope is here as i am free
Jesus, You are all i need
Clinging to the cross

Even darkness is as light to You, my Lord

So light the way and lead me home
To that place where every tear is wiped away
For Jesus, You will never fail
Jesus, You will never fail

Simply to the cross i cling

Letting go of all earthly things
Clinging to the cross
Mercy’s found a way for me
Hope is here as i am free
Jesus, You are all i need
Clinging to the cross

What a Saviour, what a story

You were crucified but now You are alive
So amazing, such a mystery
You were crucified but now You are alive

Simply to the cross i cling

Letting go of all earthly things
Clinging to the cross
Mercy’s found a way for me
Hope is here as i am free
Jesus, You are all i need
Clinging to the cross



No comments:

Post a Comment

  How can a culture move so far from reality? A fascinating verse in the book of judges is found in chapter 21 verse 25  “ In those days Isr...