Monday, April 9, 2012

God knows you


The other day I decided to take a personality test, and one of the better ones is The Jung Typology Test and  it  can be found on line and it's free---here is the link http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp.

The test consists of 72 yes or no questions and at the end of the test you are scored---the test really does a good job at assessing your strengths and weaknesses. You'll find yourself saying, wow that is me, wow how did they know that about me? Honestly and I'm not getting paid for the plug.

My formula type was the INFJ which stands for introverted, intuitive, feeling, judging. When you get your formula type there will be a percent with each letter, for instance for introverted I had a 44%.

The test will then give you a full description of your personality, even giving you your ideal career choices---great to let you junior and senior high kids take.

However, after taking the test a marvelous truth from the Scriptures came to me---in Psalm 139 David speaks about the fact that God knows everything about him, he says,  "You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I'm far away" (v.2).

David goes in in this Psalm and shows his appreciation to God when he says, "Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous--how well I know it" (v.14).

So, for the child of God we can rest in the knowledge that we are known by our God. Our Father knows us better than any personality test ever could, our God knows us better than we know ourselves. Trust in His understanding of you; trust in His Word (Bible) to give you the direction in your life that is best for you and that will bring glory to His Name.

Father, thank you for knowing us intimately. Thank you for caring for us. Thank you for calling us to be Your children, help us to live lives that bring glory and honor to Your holy name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  How can a culture move so far from reality? A fascinating verse in the book of judges is found in chapter 21 verse 25  “ In those days Isr...